How much wood would a woodchuck chuck? Huh, how much? Or, how much chuck could a woodchuck up, if a woodchuck could upchuck? Huh, how much? Or, how much blog could a blogger blog if a blogger ever blogged? Huh, how much?
I think like 5 or 18... doesn't that sound about right? Or maybe it was A.
Have you ever tried to write lyrics to a song? Do you ever get stuck at "I was walking down the street..." or at "I love you.."? That's where I always get writers block. Why can't writing lyrics to a song be like random ramblings on a blog where I just let my fingers do the trick. I guess that's maybe my problem. i really have no problem picking out a riff on the geetar. But as soon as I start using that brain of mine on lyrics and my mouth starts moving, all goes to helena, MT. I guess my weakness is also in a melody. If I could only have the talent of the greats, like the guy from Nickel Back or Justin Timberlake, those guys just got it when it comes to beautifully unforgettable melodies.
Maybe I should just stop trying to be a songwriter and just focus on learning awesome songs on the guitar that someone else wrote, cuz I really kind of skipped that. yeah, I can play the necessities like "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne, and even then, just part of it. But really, what else is there? I guess I should learn all of stairway to heaven and "Dust in the Wind". Cuz what else is there?
Or maybe I should just stop playing guitar all together and take harp lessons. That way I always know what to play. I don't think it's possible to make stuff up on that instrument. Or like a player piano.
Well, I hope ya'll take care now! Toodles!
Post Categories
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Random Ramblings
Posted by
brad
at
8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You little Fire Cracker-- You crack me up inside. Even reading and writing this with you sitting by my side. Love you, and your randomness.
your wife.
so funny! I was just attempting to write a song on the piano like 2 seconds before I read this. The lyrics went something like this: I can't live without you (creative, I know) and that's where I got stuck. What rhymes with you? lots of words, but I kept trying to use 'you' again. Rhyming you with you just isn't right.
i had no idea you had a blog. and i'm going to pretend i didn't just read "toodles." just kidding, this post was hilarious. brad and the rockstar/harpist within. its a winning combo.
So glad to finally have another random post on your music blog...I needed a laugh today and this...well it actually made me giggle!!!! Thanks Brad!!!!
Post a Comment