I decided to do something other than just talk about my musical history. I want to start posting a new band every week. This could be someone new I just heard of or an old goody. This week I will start with a band that I first heard a couple years back, they had a big hit on the radio, "Somewhere only we know" and the band is KEANE. They are a British piano rock band. I love piano rock, everywhere from Billy Joel to Ben Folds, gotta love the keyboards! So check them out. I would recommend 2 of their Albums. "Under the Iron Sea" and "Hopes and Fears". If you saw the Valentine's video Linds made, that song is one of theirs. Also feel free to comment on the band and make your own suggestions for bands along the same style and genre.
Here are a few songs to sample. Happy listening!
Post Categories
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Band of the Week
Posted by
brad
at
2:20 PM
Labels: Band of the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I love Keane. For any of you who may not have heard them, find an album and listen. They rock.
Is the band of the week like the word of the day and you have to yell every time you hear a song by that band? That would be awesome!
Yes, that's exactly what it is like.
thanks for highlighting keane, I was wondering who sang that awesome song on the valentines post. I love them already... i-tunes here i come. keep it coming brad, I am always intrested in hearing new music. joe's fav find right now is.. "old crow medicine show" , the song is "rock me" check it out, they are on u-tube. some of the videos are sketchy, we suggest you listen to the live recording, it's safe.
oops, the song is called "Wagon Wheel". Check it out, it is really catchy, and willmmake you start singing.
Where's the new band of the week?
Post a Comment