CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Post Categories

Friday, December 14, 2007

Kansas City Adventures

I know I said that this blog would be dedicated to talk about music. But I'm thousands of miles from home and want to update you, and it's probably just you honey, on my trip. First of all I miss my family the most. They are everything to me (that means you especially hun!). I am working a lot but trying to keep good spirits about it. The court is going live with our software on Monday, where they have 1500 cases scheduled. It is going to e a very long day, both monday and tuesday. I am a little nervous for all the chaos, but I am anxious to get it over with.

The last two days we have eaten lunch at this hole-in-the-wall BBQ joint in the ghetto of downtown Kansas City, Kansas. Everyone that works there is black, and Mary, the hostess/waitress and she is also probably part-owner in the place, is so nice and funny. If you could just picture a funny old lady that treats everyone like family, that is this lady to the T. Of course, the place smells like campfire because they smoke all of their meat in a big smoker all day (that's the way they do it here) and you come out smelling like campfire for the rest of the day. I actually want to make a cologne that smells like this BBQ joint. I guess on Thursday and Fridays they have a jazz pianist/singer/trombone player who plays jazz in the background. It is a fun little environment. He plays all the jazz classics, and Kyle thinks it's funny that I know all the lyrics and recognize all the songs (that uncultured swine!, jk).

I can't wait to be home. Just think, one day at a time. I will soon be back home! I love you tons Linds! ( and anyone else who reads this).

0 comments: